- How Language Works
- Health & Safety Officer
- Co-ordinator, University-Wide Languages Scheme
Studied, worked and conducted research in Australia, Canada, Germany and Indonesia.
- 1985 MA Phonetics and General Linguistics (University of Frankfurt)
- 1989 RSA Cambridge Certificate, Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (Oxford School of English)
- 1990 Dr. Phil. Phonetics and General Linguistics (University of Frankfurt)
- 1992 Diploma, Teaching Indonesian as a Foreign Language (University of Salatiga, Indonesia)
- 1993 Diploma of Credit (Law), Common Professional Examination (Manchester Metropolitan University)
South East Asian Languages and Linguistics.
Kedang (Eastern Indonesia) Some Aspects of its Grammar. Hamburg: Buske, 1991.
(With R. H. Barnes) Kedang - Indonesian - English Dictionary.